Home Shipment Program
As a Volvo VIP, you have access to a host of enviable savings and benefits while you plan your return or your move from Europe to the USA. When the time comes, you won't have to worry about the trouble involved in shipping your Volvo from Europe. The Volvo Home Shipment Program provides our customers the ability to travel through Europe with the ease of dropping off outside of Göteborg.
If you choose Göteborg there are no extra charges associated with your home shipment. For other locations, a transfer charge is applied (Dropping Off Your Car) to facilitate the transfer of the vehicle from the drop off location to the port of departure from Europe. The transfer time from the Home Shipment Agent to the port of departure is 4 to 14 days, depending on the distance and the carrier.
To Do List
Taking advantage of the Home Shipment Program is easy. A few legal and other formalities have to be observed, however.
- You will receive a Volvo Home Shipment Voucher with your new Volvo. Keep this valuable document, which proves that you are entitled to the home shipment service.
- Be sure the car is cleaned before handing it over. The condition of the car will be inspected prior to transport. NO personal items should be left in the car. Please note, should the car be dirty, the shipping company may refuse to load the car.
- Sign the condition report before you leave the agent’s office. A copy should be kept.
- For cars shipped to the US a special catalytic converter document is required by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). You will be given this form to fill in when you hand over your car at the authorized home shipment agent.
- The fuel level of the car should not exceed more than 25% of the tank capacity at the time of drop off.
Dropping Off Your Car
The locations below are where you can hand over your car for sale shipment from Europe to North America. If you choose Göteborg there are no extra charges. For other locations, a transfer charge is applied (shown in brackets). Please also check for national holidays. The transfer time from the Home Shipment Agent to the port of departure is 4 to 14 days, depending on the distance and the carrier.
Your car will then be shipped on the first available vessel to your destination in North America. Contact information valid as from April 2021. Please note that address and price information are subject to change without notice.
MECHELEN, BELGIUM (Serving Brussels & Antwerp)
(€ 570 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 725)
(€ TBD | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € TBD)
(€ 1,300 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 1,380)
(€ 870 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 975)
(€ 270 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 310)
(€ 375 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 400)
(€ 415 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 500)
(€ 325 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 390)
(€ 500 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 540)
(€ 410 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 475)
(€ 925 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 1,015)
(€ 850 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 920)
PYONGTAEK, SOUTH KOREA
(€ TBD | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € TBD)
(€ 975 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 1,080)
(€ 1,300 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 1,390)
(€ 1,115 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 1,240)
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
(€ 570 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 620)
LAKENHEATH, UNITED KINGDOM
(€ 430 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 485)
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
(€ 765 | XC40, XC60 & XC90 € 825)
Transport Schedule from Europe to North America
|Approx. Transport time from drop off|
to North American port
|Approx. Port handling + inland transport time|
in North America**
|Newark, NJ||Once a week||6-8 Weeks||15 Working days|
|Baltimore, MD||Once a week||6-8 Weeks||15 Working days|
|Brunswick, GA||Every 14 days||7-9 Weeks||15 Working days|
|Port Hueneme, CA||Every 14 days||9-11 Weeks||15 Working days|
|Tacoma, WA||Every 14 days||10-13 Weeks||15 Working days|
|Halifax, CA||Once a week||6-8 Weeks||15 Working days|
* The shipping line reserves the right to cancel sailings without prior notice. In case of cancellation of sailing by the shipping line, Volvo Car Corporation does not accept liability for any delays in shipment to North America. All Volvo vehicles to the above-mentioned destinations are shipped on roll-on/roll-off vessels.
** For deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii, please add approximately 3 more weeks.
Bringing Your Documents
Much of the documentation required to transport and ship your Volvo car back to the United States will be produced by and gathered by your drop off agent.
However, there are some documents that you need to provide at the time of drop off. These include:
- The Volvo Home Shipment Voucher (supplied at original delivery).
- Photo ID – clear copy of passport (of Military member).
- Copy of MSO (Manufacture’s Statement of Origin). Original given at delivery, or sent to lienholder.
- Copy of Bill of Sale (supplied at original delivery).
- Copy of your non-US registration to prove that vehicle has been registered overseas.
- Copy of your PCS orders (bringing you overseas and returning to the US).
- CBP Supplemental declaration form.
- CBP 3299 form – Declaration for free entry of unaccompanied articles.
- The Volvo Home Shipment Voucher (supplied at delivery).
- Copy of your registration and insurance. Temporary registration and insurance will be given to customer at time of delivery.
- Copy of Bill of Sale or Order Confirmation.
- Photo ID.